- This event has passed.
YourNexStage presents Celebrating Women Veterans: Growing Through Allyship
November 10, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join YourNexStage at the Military Women’s Memorial for Celebrating Women Veterans: Growing Through Allyship. This FREE event features five panel presentations from leading experts on intersectionality, workplace culture, employment and women in the media (detailed agenda below).
Guests are invited to attend the entire program or individual panels that interest them. Our event is brought to you by, JPMorgan Chase & Co. with support from our partners, The Female Quotient and the Military Women’s Memorial.
Celebrating Women Veterans: Growing Through Allyship will be recorded and broadcast on The Female Quotient’s social channels on Veterans Day, November 11, 2021.
Schedule of Events (Memorial Theater)
12 pm: Welcome + Opening Remarks
12:10pm: Women (Veterans) in the Media: Dispelling Myths & Legends
Moderator: Jennifer Thurston, USA Retired
- Claudia Myers – Writer/Director/Producer of Ft. Bliss, Professor
- Monda Webb – Filmmaker, EVP Women In Film & Video, D.C.
- Robin “Phoenix” Johnson – USA Retired, Comedian, VP of Development, Military Women’s Memorial
- Glen Roberts – Department of Defense, Director of Entertainment & Media
12:55pm: Finding Purpose, Team & Community
Moderator: Maureen Elias. USA Veteran, Veteran Advocate
- Gale Pollock – MG USA (Ret.), President, Elevivo
- Mary Beth Bruggeman – USMC Veteran, President, The Mission Continues
- Aniela Szymanski, Esq. – USMC Reserve Officer, Attorney, Board Chair, YourNexStage
- Thereasa Black, Esq. – USN Reserve Officer, CEO Bon AppéSweet
1:30 – 1:50pm: Refreshment Break
1:50pm: Workforce Culture – A Critical Key to Success
Moderator: Matthew Louis, USA Retired, President, PurePost, Owner, Louis Advisors, Author “Mission Transition”
- Katie Spinazzola – Virginia Department of Veterans Services, Employment
- Lisa Pruett – USA Veteran, President, RR Donnelley Packaging Solutions, Forms and Labels
- Stephanie Markich – USA Veteran, Senior Growth Analyst, Proctor & Gamble
- Jennifer O’Dee – Executive Director, Global Director of Veteran Talent & CCB Campus Programs, JPMorgan Chase
- Meghan Ogilvie – CEO, Dog Tag Inc.
2:35pm: Women (Veteran) Employment – Where Are They Leading & Succeeding?
Moderator: Carol Rhan, USAF (Ret.)
- Kristin Saboe, Ph.D. – USA Veteran, Senior Manager, Employee Listening & Organizational Research, The Boeing Company, Ed. “Military Veteran Employment: A Guide for the Data -Driven Leader”
- Melissa Boatwright – USA Reserve Officer, Director, Europe & Latin America Sales Insights, LinkedIn, Co-Author “Woman Veteran Opportunity Report”
- Meg O’Grady – USA Veteran, National Veterans’ Employment Manager, US Department of Labor
- Joan Harrigan-Farrelly – Deputy Director, Women’s Bureau, US Department of Labor
3:20pm: Intersectionality – Which You is You, & When?
Moderator: Tammy Smith, MG USA (Ret.)
- Jennifer Dane – USAF Veteran, Executive Director, Modern Military Association of America
- Saundra King-Lee – USA (Ret.), Coach, Student
- Jennifer Esparza – USMC Veteran, Founder, Not In My Marine Corps
4:20pm: Closing Remarks & Networking
6:00pm: Parking Garage Closes