The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing creative products used to communicate with, inform, and inspire the Military Women’s Memorial’s key audiences. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Graphic Designer fills a critical role in the Marketing department and works closely with the Senior Graphic Designer. They develop and update the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, signage, corporate reports, and other branded products used to increase brand recognition and support for the Memorial.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure consistency of designs with the organization’s brand standards.
- Create compelling and effective logos, designs, print and digital media
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape, and market trends
- Assist with the execution of marketing activities and brand campaign initiatives through support graphics.
- Offer creative input on marketing campaigns and find methods to visualize the ideas and concepts discussed.
- Collaborate with internal team members on design and marketing projects from ideation to execution.
- Review, proof and edit design content with a critical eye
- Collaborate with the marketing team to identify new ideas and strategies to drive business objectives.
- Ability to manage concurrent priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to both work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design tools and techniques
- Extraordinary visualization, conceptualization, and design skills, along with a strong background in typography, color theory, and design layout.
- Ability to adapt easily to new software and changing office technology
- Skilled in accurate, timely, and professional written and verbal communications
This role is primarily remote. May require onsite presence at designated Military Women’s Memorial work locations for special events or meetings. Ample notice for onsite presence will be provided. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This is a 0.625 FTE, part-time position, consisting of 25 hours per week. General hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; however, this position might require evening or weekend hours.
With exception of occasional travel to the Memorial or Foundation as noted in this job description, this graphic designer position is almost exclusively remote. Additional travel is not anticipated. However, there may be special circumstances in which travel opportunities present themselves and the graphic designer will be given the option to participate.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, or a related field. Candidates currently working toward a bachelor’s degree in one of these fields may be considered.
- Three or more years of work in a design role.
- Proficient in modern graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and similar software with a high comfort level with computers and office equipment
- Experience in Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects
- Experience in Video production and editing software and techniques
- Experience in web design software using HTML, and CSS
- Experience in large-format or exhibition design
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Enjoy working with people, on a variety of issues, flexible and organized worker
- Experience with nonprofit organizations
- Military related experience
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Interested? Apply Today!
To apply, email your resume to [email protected]. Please use the name of the position for which you are applying as the subject of the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!