MARCH IS WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH.
For 31 days, the nation celebrates women’s contributions and accomplishments.
The Military Women’s Memorial (MWM) is delighted to join the celebration and to have the opportunity to reinforce what we do every day – tell the stories of America’s military women – highlighting their contributions, accomplishments, and sacrifice in service to America.
The legacy of women’s service in and with the military is long and storied, covering the entire history of the nation. While sometimes disregarded, discredited, and their service fraught with challenges, women persevered and continued to step up – they just wanted to serve.
Trailblazers from across the decades have made it possible for women today to serve in America’s Armed Forces at every level and in every job.
March 3 March With Me Celebration Kickoff
March 14 Partner Event with MVP
March 19 Virtual Event
March 23 Piestewa Challenge Activation
Learn More and Reserve Tickets, visit our MWM Event Page.
Throughout the month of March, MWM will have documentary and film showings in the Vaught Center. Please check back for schedule.
There are a number of ways you and your family, company, school, and organization can get involved and make a difference this March With Me.
- Register your story of service with the Military Women’s Memorial
- Participate in MWM’s “Adopt A Woman Veteran” project – more info to come
- Post your “marching” stories, photos, or videos from your service days on social media, tag the Military Women’s Memorial, and use the hashtag #MarchWithMWM
- Encourage individuals, organizations, and schools in your area to identify local military women, past or present, and work with them or their families to register their stories of service in the MWM Register. Then, document their stories with special essays and articles to share in local and school newspapers, local blogs, community news websites, and social media.
- Visit the Military Women’s Memorial and check out our online resources (see Resources section below) to learn more about military women’s history and their contributions to our nation and impact on societal changes.
- Attend special March With Me events at the Memorial and online.
For March With Me events and other updates, revisit our website in the weeks to come. We look forward to celebrating with you!
If you need additional assistance or information please email [email protected]