- This event has passed.
Summer With The Arts: Healing Arts Celebration
June 26 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join the Military Women’s Memorial and UnitingUS in celebrating the healing and uniting power of the arts! A day filled with dynamic veteran artist talks, interactive live art demonstrations with veteran artists, with relaxing tours through the UnitingUS art exhibition with 180 artworks from 110 veteran and their family member artists are scheduled throughout the day.
Don’t miss the feature presentation of the day at 1pm with the Uniting US interactive panel discussion Celebrating the Spectrum of the Healing Arts. As part of the UnitingUS Summer with the Arts exhibition, our panel includes distinguished experts spanning perspectives from arts used in medical treatment programs, Arts in Health programs, to professional artists, community arts initiatives, and individual therapeutic art practices. Our talented panel members include:
- Annette Polan, community arts leader and curator of Summer With The Arts
- CAPT Moira G. McGuire, Nurse Officer and Division Chief, Integrative Health & Wellness and Chief of the Arts in Health Program at Walter Reed
- Sarah Moore, Dance/Movement Therapist and Community Arts in Health Specialist
- Edith Disler, a Uniting US participant and Air Force veteran artist
- Lewis Howard, Uniting US participant and Army veteran artist
- and the panel facilitator, AnnMarie Halterman, Uniting US Executive Director and Air Force veteran
CLICK HERE for the full schedule details.
Watch the panel discussion live, click here.
About Summer With The Arts
The Military Women’s Memorial in collaboration with UnitingUS, Community Building Art Works and Armed Services Arts Partnership, offers summer-long creative programming for the military-affiliated community. Our Education Center continues to serves as a space for relevant conversation about the healing benefits of the arts through a powerful exhibit and events for visitors of all ages!
The presenting sponsor of Summer With The Arts is OptumServe.