The Events Coordinator serves as a steward of the Military Women’s Memorial and its mission to honor and pay tribute to America’s servicewomen throughout history and into the future. The Events Coordinator works closely with clients to schedule, plan, and execute military ceremonies and private events held at the Military Women’s Memorial. The role requires keen attention to detail, and the ability to solve problems independently and provide exceptional customer service to our clients and visitors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide excellent customer service in responding to phone, in-person, or email inquiries.
- Assist with all aspects of event requests including answering questions, scheduling, conducting walkthroughs, and rehearsals. Assist and coordinate with the Event Manager through each event process.
- Liaise with catering providers for on-site catering.
- Identify and solve problems to ensure the smooth execution of events.
- Create and revise bookings through event management software.
- Prepare, submit, and follow up with client invoices.
- Coordinate and assist with the set-up and tear-down of events.
- Provide superior customer service to all visitors and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills
- Technology/Information management
- Emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution
- Critical thinking/Problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Works well in fast-paced environment
- Hard worker with the ability to multitask
This job operates in a museum/memorial environment. The role is not telework/telecommute eligible unless specified in advance by the supervisor. This role routinely uses computers, phones, and photocopiers as well as audio/visual equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; talk or hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 60 pounds of furniture and equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The Memorial is open seven days a week and 362 days a year. The Memorial is closed New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. The Events Coordinator is a full-time position with the ability to work a flexible schedule. This job requires some weekend, holiday, and evening shifts.
- No travel is required for this position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience
- Minimum of two years experience in event planning and/or in a customer service position
- Proficiency in Office 365
- Exceptional integrity, judgment, professionalism, and discretion
- Disciplined work-ethic
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated team player who is able to work on their own as well as within a team
- Experience using Tripleseat or an equivalent event management software
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Interested? Apply Today!
To apply, email your resume to [email protected]. Please use the name of the position for which you are applying as the subject of the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!